Friday, January 22, 2010

Wristlets-My Latest Obsession!

 I am the first to admit I very easily develop obsessions.  Well, once I saw the wristlet design Reen Wilcox offers on her site, embroiderygarden.com, I knew I had to have the design and with that, my wristlet obsession was born.  Lately, all I want to do is make wristlets.  Believe me, I know how crazy that sounds.
I make my wristlets on my embroidery machine.  I won't bore you with the details but embroidering what is called an In-The-Hoop design is really pretty neat.  Just about perfect results are guaranteed.
The wristlet I make and offer has a trapezoidal shape.  It measures about 9.5 inches across and 6 inches high.  It is roomier than most wristlets I have seen.
The wristlet can be custom-ordered in one of two ways.  It can be made from any of the prequilted fabrics listed on my web site.  Or it can be custom-quilted (still on the embroidery machine!!) in a single weight cotton print that might show off your interest in a certain area.  Check out the travel-themed wristlet on the lower left.  The quilting pattern is not the ordinary diamond-shape but is done in wavy horizontal rows.
The wristlet is lined and its inside seams are serge-finished.   It has a wrist strap that is about 7 inches long.  The strap can be custom-fitted.   If you are interested in a wristlet please check my website for pricing: arlenesbags.com/wristlets.html

No comments:

Post a Comment