Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Cowl Neck Top

Yesterday I decided to make something for the summer as a way of getting out of the winter doldrums.  This winter seems endless as does the snow.
So, I decided to make McCalls pattern 6963. Because I was using fabric leftover from a dress I made 2 years ago, I made the short sleeved version.  The fabric was a very stretchy knit as called for in the directions.  In effect, I really was making a muslin to test fit, etc.
The pattern went together pretty easily.  I serged most of it.  Overall, I like the top but I will go down one size on the neckline for the next one I make.  And I will make another cowl neck top!!