Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Simplicity pattern 2760



Last week I finished a jacket I made from Simplicity pattern 2760. Fleece was the one of recommended fabric choices for the jacket so I followed the recommendation and made my jacket out of a limey green fleece.

The pattern directions are well written and very easy to follow. The jacket is easy to make and goes together very quickly.

I decided against making traditional machine-made buttonholes because I thought they'd looked awful due to the thickness of the fleece. What I did instead was satin stitch around a narrow rectanglethat was wide enough to accomodate the 1 and 1/8" wooden buttons I used on the jacket. After stitching around the rectangle, I simply slit open my makeshift 'buttonhole'.

I think the jacket runs on the large side so I would recommend going down a size if a closer fit is desired. The jacket looks just OK. I like wearing it but plan to make it in a brown metallic denim to see how it looks made up in a woven fabric.

BTW-The picture I took of me wearing the jacket shows me wearing the jacket over an old t-shirt. Trust me, the jacket looks much better over a turtleneck!

No comments:

Post a Comment