Friday, May 25, 2012

Vogue Dress Pattern 8724

Last summer I fell in love with Vogue dress pattern 8724.  I just love dresses and Vogue 8724 is extra special because it simply pulls on over the head!
Here's a link to the 1st dress I made from Vogue 8724:  http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=2607898990438159645#editor/target=post;postID=4113511317872683591
I like the pattern so much that this week I made another dress from the same pattern.
I used a 2-way stretch, lightweight knit for my dress.   I bought the fabric about 3 years ago.   But this week when I looked at the horizontal stripes I did wonder what I was thinking when I bought the fabric.   Much to my surprise and delight (I love that word) the dress actually looks pretty good on me, horizontal stripes and all.
The lines in this knit dress are very clean and very lean!  The bodice has a fairly deep crossover v-neck attached to a skirt that is softly pleated at the top.  The sleeves are cap-style.
The dress has no zipper and simply pulls over the head.
I hemmed my dress so it falls just a tad above mid-knee.  I twin-needle topstitched the skirt hem as well as the sleeve hems.  I used Sandra Betzina's tip to use woolly nylon in the bobbin when hemming with a twin needle.
Vogue 8724 is an easy, easy pattern to sew and the end result is quite an elegant looking dress.   I think it would be a great dress for a beginner sewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment