Thursday, May 31, 2012

New Summer Dress Simplicity 2054


                                          

                                                         
Yesterday I made a dress from Simplicity pattern 2054. Talk about fast & easy! I used a 2-way stretch fabric I bought @Joanns this past weekend. The fabric was already in clearance and then was reduced by 50% so the dress cost me about $5.00.
The fabric looks just a tad garish in the photo but it really is a pretty print. And the fabric feels great!
The dress is amazingly fast & easy to make. What I especially like about the dress is its ever so slight a-line cut & that it slips on over the head.  The dress looks huge in the photo but it isn't as seen on the front of the pattern envelope.
The pattern has several sleeve variations. I chose the sleeve that ends just above my elbow.
I twin-needled the hem & sleeve hems.  Initially I tortured myself by trying to use the coverstitch on my serger to do the hems.   I used the coverstitch on the hem which seemed to take me forever.   For the sleeve hems I used my sewing machine and twin-needled the hems.  I used Sandra Betzina's tip to use woolly nylon in the bobbin when twin-needling a knit.
I do plan to make this dress again in a heavier knit so I can wear the dress to work in the fall and winter.
Can you tell I highly recommend this pattern??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment