Saturday, June 2, 2012

Summer Top Simplicity 2977



 About a week ago I made my 3rd summer top from Simplicity 2977.  I love this top!
Two front panels cross over each other to create the v-neckline.  The top panel has gathering along the sides which I think adds a lovely soft feature to the top.
Although it doesn't show up in the photo, there is some purple in the fabric design which softens the effect of the black.
Similar to how I hemmed the sweater I made from Simplicity 2560 (shown in photo on top left), I used the rolled hem on my serger to finish the bottom of the top.   The neckline and armholes are finished with binding.
Three years ago I made the jacket and pants shown on the pattern envelope.  The above-the-waist jacket has a very flattering curved bottom and bell sleeves.   I even got to wear the jacket and pants when my husband and I had dinner at the Eiffel Tower in September, 2009.  How cool was that!!!
My husband John & I having dinner at the Eiffel Tower
                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment