Monday, July 11, 2011

The Farnell iPad (Shoulder Bag?) Case

As many of you know, to put it mildly, I have been obsessed with my iPad2 since buying it in May.  I regularly search for new iPad accessories I can make.   Thus far the Lisa iPad foldable cover and the new Farnell Case are my favorites.
 After making the Farnell Case I realized what a great shoulder bag it would make.
The bag has an adjustable, detachable shoulder strap and an outside zippered pocket.
Although it easily holds my iPad, I have been carrying the bag as a shoulder bag. Luckily I have because someone ordered one the first day I wore it. No work in that sale!
For the order I did add a zippered inside pocket as the customer requested.
The bag also has an adjustable shoulder strap.  I would avoid an inside zipper if using this case strictly for an iPad.
I used one of my newest fabrics, Oasis, to make the case and accessories.
For accessories I made a tissue case, eyeglass case and the ITH freebie wallet from the Purple Hat. The 2 wallets in the second photo were an order. I made one of them a tad deeper than the other and widened the tab closure so it would look more balanced.
Price for Farnell Case/Bag: $35 + S&H when applicable

No comments:

Post a Comment